Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Getting ready for Easter

Because we have our own little egg factory in the yard we have plenty of eggs for projects. One of my girls favorite things to do is blow out the eggs, paint them, then fill them with colored rice to make confetti eggs.  We have not made the confetti eggs yet, but we have blown out and painted tons of eggs. Several are hanging on our easter tree in the kitchen.


Lucy made an egg of Me and one of Dad. I don't know if you can tell from the photo but she used one of out super jumbo eggs for me and a regular egg for dad. I asked her why I was twice the size of Dad and she just laughed.


As if we don't have enough eggs around the house we decided to make some out of paper mache using fabric. I realized that fabric does not set up as hard as paper so we had to do several layers.


Our kitchen table looked like this for 5 days! We would do a layer, let it dry, do a layer. Then as they were waiting for it to dry, they kept started new eggs. I finally got tired of the liquid starch everywhere and just cleaned up any eggs that were incomplete when they were at school.


Here are a few of the finished eggs. I think they turned out pretty cute!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Cute idea to make big ones with fabric! What are you going to do with them after Easter?

Suzanne said...

I'm jealous! I have to buy my own eggs for Easter. Maybe it's time to pull out the egg quilt. :-)

Tasha said...

Did you get the email I sent you? I'm not sure I have the right one. I am still adamsinhershey so drop me a line if you have a new one.
Thanks!

Sylvia H said...

so cute. You were always so impressed with your creativity. I love the newt post as well. I would not even think poisonous newt. Glad you had someone clue you in. The girls are beautiful too.

 
Blog tracker