Friday, May 27, 2011

Animal update

Cami is gorgeous as ever. So far she weighs 55 lbs and can take me down easily if she is over excited. We are working on that. Her colar was getting way to small so I bought her a new one... clearly I over estimated how big she is.




Who needs fake lions to flank their door....


Cami loves living here. There is always a pile of dirt or large stack of firewood to climb on and she has recently decided that she really likes the trampoline. 



She still finds it totally unfair that the other dogs get to hang out with us inside. Hopefully after the goats get here she will be so happy working she won't care about coming inside... as much.


We have had quite the chick nursery at our house. In order to get all the groovy breeds we wanted we needed to do some special orders... with four different ship dates. You can't put chicks together until they are all pretty close to the same size so that meant four times the water and food feeders to change/clean out. Normally I do a lot of the chicken chores but my ultra sensitive nose cannot handle the chickens right now, so Eric has been doing it all. We had the pink coop in the garage with one batch, two big horse feeders in the garage with 2 more batches...


And the youngest batch was in the laundry room bathroom.  Luckily we have recently been able to successfully transition 3 of the batches outside to the big coop and we only have one left in the garage. I LOVE my chickens, when they are outside :)


We visited our goats again. They are not ready to leave their mommas yet. We should be able to bring them home the first week of June. We can't wait!



They were de-budded the day before we visited. I'm glad I did not have to do that or even watch it.



1 comment:

Melissa said...

I loooooove seeing all of your animals. I can't wait to come visit your farm this summer! Don't know when yet, but we may just show up with a tent & camp in your yard for 2 weeks (snuggling with your sweet puppy of course).

 
Blog tracker