Friday, July 29, 2011

Say WHAT?

7/19/11
While driving through Yellowstone park
Lucy "Mom, who even knows what Old faithful is?"
Ruby" I know... it's a breakfast place."

Later in the day...
Haley "This is the 2nd worst birthday I have ever had."
Mom "What was your first worst birthday?"
Haley "When I had a staph infection in my toe the day of my swim party and couldn't swim."
Mom "Oh ya, that was horrible. I don't think we will ever be able to top that."


7/6/11
Eric "I'm so thankful I know how to wear deodorant." (The 1st thing Eric said after walking in the door from doing scout physicals,)


6/25/11
Ruby "On the lake we saw this OLD man going crazy on a sea-doo... he was spinning and everything and... he was totally old!
Haley "Old either means you are about to die or you have tons of experience."

6/23/11
We were walking out the door to go to the pool. I was wearing a black maternity swim top with blue bottoms and Haley was walking behind me.

Haley "Mom, I love you and I don't want to hurt your feelings but all I can think of is... blue butted baboon."

6/19/11
Haley was trying to explain something to Ruby and Lucy and they were getting totally confused. Haley said "OK you guys... your mind is getting totally rotted by TV and it's making you stupid."

6/5/11
Haley  "Mom, are these my wisdom teeth or my 13 year old molars?
Mom "I'm sure they are your 13 year old molars because you are not smart enough to have your wisdom teeth already"
Haley "Oh, that explains why they pulled yours out."


5/31/11
"This is sooo unfair!!! Why do I have to do ALL this work?" Lucy
"Because it's you're homework." Me

5/7/11
Jokingly Eric said- "Ruby, if you do something bad don't lie about it, you'll go to hell with all the other liars."
Ruby- "MOM, Dad said HELL!!!"
Me- "That's ok, he'll be there with you now."


4/20/11
This morning while we were reading the scriptures I was reading Mosiah 18:27 out loud:

27And again Alma commanded that the people of the church should impart of their substance, aevery one according to that which he had; if he have more abundantly he should impart more abundantly; and of him that had but little, but little should be required; and to him that had not should be given.

Haley stopped me and asks "What if they had butt more (with a huge smile)?" It took us a minute to realize what she was talking about...  then we all started totally cracking up.   Finally I said I guess if they had butt more, they need to go on a diet. Not the most reverent scripture study this morning.


4/15/11
Lucy "What if you don't have a boy?"
Ruby "We won't get a girl, they checked his privates"
Lucy "Do they have vaginas?
Me "No, girls have vaginas and boys have a penis."
Lucy "I like how it's a vagina because it sounds like China!"


2/5/11
At Ruby's birthday party I noticed that Haley signed the back of her plate "Haley- the asome one!". I did not want to embarrass her so I waited until later and said "Haley, do you know how to spell awesome?". Haley said  "Ya... A,w,e,s,o,m,e".  So I asked her why she spelled it wrong on Ruby's birthday plate and she said "A-some, is just my awesome way to spell awesome".

No comments:

 
Blog tracker