Friday, October 05, 2012

Clubhouse tour

The clubhouse (AKA Eric's Hurst Castle) is finally complete. The longer Eric worked on it the more things got added. When all was said and done it has a wrap around porch, a balcony off the second floor, functioning windows, electricity, air conditioning, a TV and wood flooring.


 Eric made sure the porch light matched the one on our real house (the one we live in). 


He built a custom bay window
and made the doors

Downstairs







The stairs





The top of the stairs and door to the upstairs deck.

Keaton on the deck

This is were the girls watch TV and eat all the stuff they don't want me to know they are eating (but I find the wrappers).


Ruby sewed all the curtains for the house

Other side of the upstairs room





Side note... these are the colors the girls choose to use in the clubhouse. I was worried they were way too bright but I held my tongue because this is their house. They decided what would get painted with a lot of passionate debate and discussion and tears (of course my girls would never fight). The only thing I encouraged was painting the doors red instead of green. Overall they did a great job decorating and Eric did an absolutely amazing job building it.


4 comments:

Greg said...

What great colors. And of course, what a great canvas to paint on. It looks like a place where there will be years of fun.

Suzanne said...

That is going to be a well-loved spot for many folks!

Tasha said...

Honestly! You guys put the rest of us to shame! This is the most amazing thing EVER! I better make sure my girls don't see this. I love that Ruby sewed the curtains. Wonderful job! It is a treasure and will be a safe haven for your girls for years to come and sweet Keaton will spend his childhood there! I LOVE it!

Mandee Shaffer said...

"hurst castle" HAHAHAHAHA love it!!

 
Blog tracker