Saturday, October 28, 2006

Frenzied Friday

We started the day by going to see Haley win the responsible student award from her principal in the school auditorium at 9:15. Haley was so introverted for the 1st two years we lived here; it is great to see her getting more confident.
Then Lucy and I hustled to catch up to Ruby’s field trip walking to the fire Station.


After the Fire station we went to the park since we were in charge of playgroup for our ward. We did Halloween crafts and had popcorn balls. The highlight of playgroup was that Nichole (my friend that abandoned us for her new life in Laguna Beach) and her kids came! We miss them so much. Especially Ruby that still talks about Ellie everyday.



We got home from playgroup and Kira came over with her new puppy Piper. They have one Maltese named Penelope and wanted to get her a sister. Let me tell you about Kira- my kids WORSHIP her. They won’t leave her alone. So Kira and a new puppy in our house were almost too much for them to handle.



Then we got ready for Jackie’s Halloween party. She is probably the only person that I know that likes Halloween more then I. She is amazingly creative and one of those people that make you a more creative person every time you are around her. It was a great party.



My girls wore their cat costumes that I made. They wanted hats that covered their hair like the cats in the parade at Disneyland. I tried. I thought it would be so easy, but there is an evil force out there working against Mother’s sewing costumes. I will post photos of the cats later.

6 comments:

jenny said...

I didn't know your kids were going to be cats this year. I am sure you can work your Chanel magic and make those hats! Can't wait to see them all dressed up.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! Preston was loving the Halloween party picture. You have almost inspired me to start my own blog...Almost. ;)
Love, Shonda

Liz said...

Cute stuff! Can't wait to see the cat costumes!

everything pink! said...

don't get me started on the mother sewing at halloween time. yet, it has been in the end a great experience. and i will treasure your comment about the SB being harder than a wedding dress, so true.

i always think what joy would come into their lives if they had a puppy. it is never going to happen but i admire moms who give their kids puppies.

can't wait to see what you have made.

Anonymous said...

I love your comment about your friend making you be a more creative person just by being around her. Chanel, that's YOU! You inspire creativity in everyone! Seriously, the Chanel/Eric combo is one of the great creatvie forces in the Universe! Can't wait to see the costumes. My boys are being football players and I didn't have to sew a stitch (lucky for them!)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Shawna! You engender creative inspiration! I remember walking onto your house and seeing the chair collection nailed to the wall and thinking - she's gonna be a fun one.
I have NEVER seen a spread quite like the one at your friend's party. I bet she got some oohs and aahs.

 
Blog tracker