Thursday, August 14, 2008

The 1st day of school

Today was the 1st day of school!

Why do we start on Aug 13... Because we are on a modified traditional schedule here so our Summer is shorter but we get more time off for holidays throughout the year.

When I went in to wake up Ruby and Lucy, they not only had their outfits laid out for school, but they even had their toothbrushes with toothpaste right on top!

Ruby is starting 2nd grade
Lucy is starting kindergarden
Haley is starting 5th grade- ouch!
After school we went out to go get frozen yogurt with some friends.



This photo was taken on the second day of school. I was going to walk Lucy to her class and she told me that she would just walk in with Ruby. It kind of broke my heart to realize she is so grown up, but at the same time I am proud of her for being so brave.

This will be the first time ever that all my girls are in school all day- I thought this day would never come, but now that it has it's bittersweet.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

I know exactly what you mean. Both my boys are in school too and it's a strange feeling. I love the time and it makes me love to be with them all the more when they get home.

Amanda said...

what are you going to do with yourself??

i remember laying my clothes out everyday for years. so sweet that you took that picture.

our last two are in the same grades..i always seem to forget that. we still have 1 1/2 weeks left of summer.

Tasha said...

Wow, the three ladies in school? Wow. If I know you, you will fill up those days in no time flat. I do hope you will carve out some time for YOU, just YOU!

Jill said...

I love seeing their outfits all laid out ready to go.

 
Blog tracker