Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A very sad day

Ming Ming hanging out with Haley


Ming Ming right after Gracie was born


Ming Ming and Rico sleeping and keeping warm


When Haley woke up this morning she noticed that Ming Ming did not look right and Rico was licking her. Haley quickly realized the Ming Ming had passed away.

She asked if we could bury her under my dogwood tree, and we did.
Ruby wrote Haley this condolence letter.


Haley was having a really hard time so she stayed home from school for a few hours to help get all the tears out. Eric quickly cut a grave marker before he left for work and Haley painted it. Haley asked if we could go engrave a dog tag with Ming Ming's name so she would have something to remember her. Then I took Haley out to lunch before dropping her off at school.


I am a little nervous about Rico. If she had an infection there is a good chance he has already been exposed to it. I am just going to have positive thoughts for now.

6 comments:

Larkin said...

I'm so sorry! :(

Suzanne said...

Saying a prayer for Ming Ming and you.

J said...

I'm sorry Haley.

Tasha said...

Sweet Haley... I hope no one else gets the infection...

Melissa said...

I am soooo very sorry to hear about Ming Ming. We thought she was a very sweet Chinchilla. Hope everybody else is healthy. Our thoughts are with you Haley & family

jenny said...

Poor Haley. I am sure that was so hard for her. I hope she is feeling better!

 
Blog tracker