Monday, January 10, 2011

Ali's baptism

We have this sign in our kitchen and everyday I write the day of the week and list under what is happening that day. It has been helpful making sure everyone is on the same page for the day. On Friday when I came downstairs, Lucy was so excited she did the sign for the day. We made a quick weekend trip down to my sisters house to see Ali (Lucy's favorite relative) get baptized. 


The baptism was perfect. The talks were great and my kids were... reverent enough. Lucy is getting baptized in June so she was like Ali's shadow, watching everything very carefully. 


After the baptism they had everyone (like 90 people) back to their house for an amazing dinner. It was nicer then most wedding showers.  I loved that they had a cookie bar for dessert with carafes full of milk. This is such a great idea, I can't wait to steel it.


Everything was beautifully done and the food was delicious!


Ruby was obsessed with Ryans new "friend" at the party. If there is a beautiful teenage girl, Ruby just wants to be her and wont leave her side, or her lap as in this photo.


On the way home we went by the Jelly Belly factory to stock up on treats for the car.


2 comments:

Tasha said...

That cookie bar was adorable!

Suzanne said...

So, posts are not supposed to be scary, but this one is...for me. I can't believe Lucy is old enough to be getting baptized this year. I hate to sound like my mother, but "I remember when she was just a baby." That was when we met you at the RMA welcome. It feels like yesterday.

 
Blog tracker