Saturday, January 15, 2011

Goodwill giddy

Sometimes the stupidest things make me so happy. I love going to goodwill and looking for cheep items that can easily be made cool. I have a constant list of projects I am looking for.  I had seen some really cool black candelabras as Halloween decorations (similar to the photo below) and they were $110 each!



They never sold and I was really tempted when they went 60% off, but I still couldn't justify it. I figured I could easily find an old candelabra at Goodwill and spray paint it black. Well I have been looking for have been looking for 5 months and not found one... until today. 


This little beauty was $5 and the paint was free/stolen from Eric's paint stash in the garage.

I LOVE it!


 I also found these 2 11x14 frames ($3) I need for some original "fashion girl" drawings I purchased last summer from a retirement home sale.


I took these photos at night so everything looks yellow, but the walls and background are actually white.
The look perfect in the girls bathroom, and Haley doesn't mind them because they are not pink.



2 comments:

Suzanne said...

As always, you have the magic touch and great vision. Plus you make me feel good about giving stuff to goodwill. I'm helping the universe be creative, right?

Mandee Shaffer said...

I have to admit, when I saw you painted those gorgeous candelabras black I about died. But they will be awesome decorations...sigh

 
Blog tracker