Thursday, September 15, 2011

My new/ old rocker

I wanted an apolstered rocker that was small, not a huge lazy boy, but something built for a little old lady to sit and knit in or for me (formerly little) and old to sit and nurse in.
I found this one, but just could not justify the price ...

Charleston rocker from Pottery Barn $749.00

So I started stalking craigs list for a few weeks and found this pink rocker for $60. I emailed them after a few days and asked if they would take $40 and they did. Score! It's super comfortable and a swivel/ rocker. It was perfect... except for the color and fabric.


So I decided to slip cover it. I have never done upholstery or made a slip cover, but after reading blogs and tutorials on line I decided I could do it. I have a huge bolt of great linen fabric in our attic that was left over from one of my Dad's old projects, so I decided to use that.


I will admit it's not perfect... but I think I did a pretty good job. The chair is really comfortable and perfect for me to nurse in and for $40 it was a steal.


1 comment:

Liz said...

It looks great Chanel!

 
Blog tracker