Saturday, January 21, 2012

After all we've been through together...

Today we said goodbye to Cami. 

We are all just sick over it, but we really had no choice. She continued to jump up on the kids and continued to get out of our fence. She would sneak out behind the UPS truck or any car leaving our property. After the accident we thought she would stay away from cars but it got worse. The final straw was last Thursday when I was at a brunch and received a call from our neighbor. Cami was outside our gate, filthy dirty and wet (it was raining) and Cami was "greeting" all of the guests headed to our neighbors house for a luncheon and getting them dirty. Before I could even make it home I received another call from the same neighbor saying that Cami had just bitten an 80 year old lady as she was walking to the house and they were taking her to the hospital for stitches! 

Although Ruby and I (the emotional ones) pled our best case for why we should keep her and how we knew she would get better with time, Eric (the logical one) explained that the liability was too great to keep her.  She was Eric's dog and loved to "work" with him.  I know how hard decision was for him.

We found a great home for her. A retired couple that had a great Pyrenees and loved him until they had to put him down for health problems associated with old age. They are both home during the day and although they have property for her to run, they really want her to be in the house with them (she will be in heaven).  

I think she has the sweetest temperment of any animal we have ever owned... we are going to miss her terribly :(


2 comments:

Jinky said...

Aww, sorry. Sounds like you found a wonderful home for her though. --Actually at first I thought this post was an earthly goodbye, phew!!

Tasha said...

I'm sorry. I know how much you loved her. What a hard decision, but I think you made the right one.
Tasha

 
Blog tracker