Sunday, May 11, 2008

Moving on

I really appreciate everyone that has called or written and shared their experience(s) when they had a miscarriage.  It was not only comforting to realize that I am not alone but it has been incredibly therapeutic to talk to people that relate to what I have been going through. Hearing these experiences made me realize that although miscarages are never a plesent thing, what I went through was abnormal and should never have happened.  

I truly believe that because my Doctor was post call and tired she did not want to do a D&C and sent me home to deal with it.  Also when I went in for the ultrasound to see if I passed all the products she assured me that I had and sent me home.... five days later without warning or pain I passed all the products without the painful medication.  Although I was emotionally unprepared when it happened, and angry at my Doctor for being incompetent, I feel sooo much better now and can tell that my hormones are going back to normal. I am still sad and quick to cry, but I don't want to kill anyone now. I am however switching to a new Doctor.

Not only did we receive a lot of help and dinners from friends that live nearby but I had dear friends from all over the country helping me and sending their love:
 
Thank you to all my Green Wave girlfriends (Translations- friends I met while at Tulane) for the beautiful boquet of tulips. Tulips are my favorite!  I admit receiving it made me cry, but in a good way, Thank you!

Amanda L. sent me that a very heartfelt letter with a copy of Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin's talk-Sunday Will Come, you can read it here.  She also decopauged a special box for me and sent little art canvases for each of the girls. Thank you Amanda!

Shawna B. not only endured several phone calls from me but also sent me an awesome care package. Thank you Shawna! 

Kristi gave me a gift via voice mail that made me laugh and smile. Thank you Kristi!

Tasha helped to reassure me that I was not insane and that what I was feeling was normal and would pass. Thank you Tasha!

Liz sent me a very thoughtful card to uplift me. Thank you Liz!

Thank you to everyone for all your kind comments and prayers, I have felt so loved and comforted.

One last thing that everyone has surreptitiously tried to ask me... 
This pregnancy was planned and not a surprise.  




6 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad you received so much care in the mail! Glad you are changing doctors. Hoping that you are feeling better!

P.S. Tonight our family watched me and Terry's wedding video with pictures from our childhood/dating time, etc. There was a picture of us and Suzie as Charlie's Angels on there! Good times.

Suzanne said...

I am glad you have such a strong network of support.

everything pink! said...

we love you and i am not sure what surreptitiously means but i am sure that is not what i did when i said "so was this planned"
how do you stay friends with someone like me that has no social graces.

Liz said...

I'm so glad you received so much love and care out of this trial. I have to admit I was pretty surprised at how the doctor had you handle this situation. I am glad that you are switching doctors, that kind of care is not acceptable!

Take care!

Tasha said...

Love you Chanel! I'm always, always here.

Anonymous said...

Chanel, I am so sorry to hear of your pain and loss. I am also glad that you are beginning to feel better, and you have such a strong network of friends and support.

 
Blog tracker