Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sunday with Grandpa and Grandma


We had a great day at Grandpa and Grandma Brown's house. The girls actually watched conference. They usually lose interest in conference pretty fast, but today they watched each session completely. I printed off some LDS conference bingo sheets online and gave them Skittles to play with. At the end Haley said "That's not too bad, you just sit and listen to churchy TV for a few hours and get a big bag of candy". I hope they got more out of it then the candy.


I stitched the binding on my new Christmas quilt (Mackenzie Christmas Noel fabric) with Lucy's "help". This is the 1st time I have done a quilt with flannel on the back and I love it! It's going to be so warm for winter.

Our house was really hot when we got home, but the girls were so excited about the new quilt they took off their clothes so they didn't die from the heat of snuggling under it.

Even though Eric is on call this weekend and has been gone all day, he got home the same time we did and the girls couldn't wait to show him their Halloween costumes! I won't say what the girls costumes are but they are... very diverse.

We received a Halloween costume catalog in the mail with hundreds of costumes.
Haley thought this one was really funny and suggested that Eric and wear this one....



I told Haley "No way, we are not going as a plug and outlet"... to which she replied "Why doesn't Dad just wear his Doctor stuff and you wear this..."


Not going to happen!

8 comments:

Shar said...

True story. 2 weeks after we got married, we wore the plug and socket costume to our ward trunk-or-treat. And for some reason, we didn't think it was dirty. ??? Don't know how I missed that one.

Suzanne said...

I'm glad conference weekend went well for you and the girls. My attention is drawn to the quilt, of course! Is that a turning twenty? :-)

Chanel Palmer said...

I used 2 charm packs of 5" squares and put them together like a turning twenty, but officially it's not a turning twenty because the blocks are only 8".

Chanel Palmer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

So funny. I think the plug and outlet is THE BEST! She obviously knows "her stuff."

Amanda said...

That is adorable fabric for your quilt. Is it really time to start thinking Christmas??

Hello, Halloween! I haven't even bought fabric, and we have our first party next Friday. I'm excited to see your girls 'diverse' costumes! They're always so creative.

I'm sure Eric wouldn't mind if you wore that costume.

jenny said...

Ahh come on you would be such a hottie in that attire. Hubba hubba!

Anonymous said...

I love your daughter's suggestions. . . so funny!

Leanne

 
Blog tracker