Saturday, October 25, 2008

Witchalina day 2

It's 7:30 in the morning... Saturday morning and everyone is awake. The girls have had breakfast and are sitting on the sofa watching TV and eating jelly beans thanks to Witchalina!


This morning in the pocket we found this great poem about a little boy named Johnny that stuck jelly beans up his nose to be cool because someone told him too, and he ends up choking and dying.  We have had such an issue at our house with girls making a bad choice- because "My Sister told me too". We could not have had a more appropriate lesson this morning.

If you click on this photo, you can read the full poem.


2 comments:

Shonda said...

That is such a fun tradition! I am loving the poems! Where did you find them?

Chanel Palmer said...

A lady in our Ward named Liz Dayton started this like 25 years ago. I did it as a kid and now my kids are reading the same poems and stories that I did when I was their age. It really is one of the big reasons Halloween is my favorite holiday!

 
Blog tracker