Thursday, November 20, 2008

Where do candy canes come from?

The real one come from Jerry Rowley at Logan's candies.

(Photos borrowed from npr.org)



Last night we took the youth of our church on a field trip to Logan's Candies in Ontario to see candy canes made by hand! It was such an amazing process to watch.  Jim worked for Logan's when he was 12 sweeping floors, at 18 years old he bought the company.  Now he and his family hand make the most beautiful candy canes you have ever seen.

I can't wait to take my girls back.

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

I can't believe we never went there when we lived there! Thanks for sharing.

Natasha said...

What a field trip - that is awesome!

Liz said...

THat is so cool! I would love to go and see that!

KC said...

Wow, they really are beautiful. They have the most perfect curve at the top!

jenny said...

How fun is that?

Shawna B. said...

Take me, too! I love candy canes, especially ones as beautiful as those.

Happy Thanksgiving, Palmers! Love you guys.

 
Blog tracker