Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Our growing family

I would like to introduce you to the newest member of our family... Spike.  He is a 6 week old chocolate chip hedge hog and seems very happy in his new home.


Both mother and baby are doing well.

For those that are counting this makes:
4 dumpy tree frogs
2 dogs
1 hedgehog

Some may think we need animal birth control at our house... one of my friends said "do you want me to teach you how to say no".  I can honestly say that our girls play more with our animals then with any toy in our house. I think taking care of something smaller then you, that relies on you to survive has taught them responsibility and kindness. As long as our house does not smell like a zoo, I'm good with it.

8 comments:

Liz said...

Oh so darling! A hedgehog has been on Lindsey's list for so long! She really, really wants one. But we aren't allowed to have pets with our lease, so once we are finally, if ever, in our own home, I'm sure she'll be asking. I will look forward to seeing how this new pet goes in your family.

Larkin said...

So Cool!
~Shonda

Suzanne said...

Have you started taking your vet classes yet? Or do you just have an animal health savings account?

Honestly, I think you need to include your pets in your annual Christmas card.

Heather said...

Now all you need is a cute little Boston Terrier puppy. I know where you can get one!

KC said...

wow - I had no idea those would make good pets. Do the spikes hurt? Can they throw them at you like a porcupine does? It's very cute!

Amanda said...

We just got 2 bunnies last week and I agree- our kids adore having a pet. They dote on them the entire time they are home from school.

When we were researching breeders Terry found some sites that had hedgehogs as well. I have always adored them on fabric, etc. but had no idea they could be a pet!! They are adorable! Terry wants one for Christmas now.

Chanel Palmer said...

Amanda-
Check back with me before you buy one. They have the stickiest poop ever! I have been told you can littler train them and we are trying. If we can't Spike and I may not be able to live under the same roof. They are super cute and very fun though.

Chanel Palmer said...

KC-
They cannot throw the spikes at you, but when they are stressed out and defending themselves they jump and the spikes poke you. They are sharp and it is scary, but they don't really hurt. Do they make a good pet? If we can figure out how to handle the poop situation, then I will say yes!

 
Blog tracker