Sunday, November 15, 2009

Say WHAT?

11/11/09
"Ruby, four pages is way too much stuff, you need to narrow your Christmas list down to four things you want."Me
"Four???, Why only Four???" Ruby
"Santa can't afford to buy four pages of toys for every child" Me
"Oh man! Why does the economy have to ruin everything?" Ruby

11/4/09
"Mom did you know that sugar is really just salt with yummy stuff on it?"
"No. I did not know that?" Me
"Ya, they just put a yummy spray stuff on it." Lucy

10/29/09
While assembling a plastic skeleton from Target:
"Where is his private?"Lucy
"Ya where is his penis? I want to see it, I have never seen one before."Ruby
"This is just the skeleton from inside the body, there is no penis on a skeleton." Me
"Yes there is, I found it right here. " Ruby while pointing to the tail bone.

10/27/09
While driving in the car
"Mom, what is buttocks... is it when your butt talks?" Lucy
"buttocks is the name for cheeks on your bum" Me
"Well my butt CAN talk" Lucy
"Please don't say butt, say bum" Me
"My bum talks" Lucy
"We have all heard your bum talk, we don't need an example." Me
"Butt talks, butts talk, talking butts" Ruby
"Ok, enough potty talk" Me
"We are not potty talking, we are butt talking" Ruby

10 min later... after going through a drive through
"I don't like drinking soda, it always makes me feel like burping" Me
"Well if you are going to burp, you should make it educational for your children and burp the alphabet" Haley
"I don't do things like that" Me
"I know, but it would be so cool if you did." Haley

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

It's 11pm, i'm the only one in the house who is awake, and I'm laughing so hard I'm crying about that whole butt-talks convo. I'm trying to decide if it's worth waking up D to read it to him (but I think he'd appreciate it more in the morning). Miss you guys and all the craziness. Have fun on your trip!!

Suzanne said...

Validating and hilarious! There's a lot of burping going on in my house. Needless to say, I'm not a big fan...but I'm sure my parents would say they weren't either. :-)

Greg said...

I seem to remember a contest when I was a child where we would burp as many letters of the alphabet as we could on one burp. It was a dinner time activity. I am happy to see that you seem to be encouraging educational burping. What better time to do it than at the dinner table. As I remember, Wayne always seemed to eek out a few more letters than the rest of us.

Greg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Liz said...

Awesome! Your kids have the best comments!

 
Blog tracker