Monday, November 02, 2009

The Mom test

As a Mom there is rarely tangible evidence of how you are doing as a parent. There is no pay increase or yearly review, but occasionally things happen that let you know what kind of job you are doing.


Recently Ruby and Lucy have been creating elaborate towns and playing barbies quietly and happily together for hours.

Lucy's teacher told me that when all the candy grams were passed out one little boy did not get any and was sad. She said that Lucy was really sweet and went over and gave him one of hers.

Haley has been treating her sisters nicely and helping them get ready in the mornings. I also have noticed that her room has been clean for about 5 days!

I don't know about you but I think these are signs that I am a good Mom and they are learning to play nice, help others and be kind.

At least that's what I was thinking when this came home from church with Ruby.


4 comments:

Jacki Rich said...

That is sooooo Funny,
Courtney, Carly and I laughed sooooo hard. Courtney said she missed you guys soooooo much.. Even Ruby! haha!

Suzanne said...

Uh, maybe Ruby needs to review the book, Hands are not for hitting ? :-)

shawna b. said...

Ha ha ha haaaaa! This is one of my favorite posts EVER.

Amanda said...

Awe-some.

Look at the details on the fingernails. At least those hands are well groomed.

You are a great mom!

 
Blog tracker