Monday, February 15, 2010

Ruby's Fashion par-tay!

About three months ago Ruby started planning her birthday party. She wanted a "Fashion party" and told me exactly what games and activities she wanted, who she wanted to attend and what time it would start.


So here is how it all went down. As the girls arrived they were all given makeovers (thanks to Cheyenne and Haley). If they did not come dressed up we had a stylist(me) that helped them choose a couture outfit for the party. Many of the girls knew exactly how they wanted to look. One of them said to me "I want to go with a Greek/ Roman theme". Once they were all ready they got to walk the runway to loud music and paparazzi (strobe lights thanks to Eric).

They all got to design their own wallets.

They designed their own necklaces, rings and bracelets with Pop-Arty beads(these are so cool, they sell them at Target).

They opened presents.
(Fyi- Ruby had decorated all the book shelves with fashion Barbies and American girl dolls.)


After opening presents they had to work together as a design team to create the perfect look for Ruby from duct tape, trash bags, toilet paper and any wrappings left from opening the gifts.

I was impressed by the team work and creativity!


They played pass the purse and whoever had the purse when the music stopped got to open the purse and pull out a prize.

We had lunch and cake, but I think I have added plenty of photos already.

For party favors each girl got a metallic crocodile embossed purse (love the $ store) with bracelets, nail polish and candy.

I think everyone had a good time, I know Ruby was in heaven!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Another smashing celebration! I bet they will be talking about it in the who's who and what's what column of the local paper...or at least at Ruby's school.

 
Blog tracker