Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mother's Day

I saw this tree a few weeks ago and I became obsessed.  I did not even know what kind of tree it was, but I would point them out every time we drove past one.  I guess it became a little out of control because my girls would say "you missed that one" if I failed to point out a dogwood tree as we drove past.


Yesterday for Mother's day my cute family surprised me with my own dogwood tree so I can stop coveting others.  I am so excited to be able to plant such a cool tree on our new property.


Eric worked hard and got it all planted in the ground, but the other girls just looked for lizards and photo ops.


This morning in my bedroom I found this super cool scarf that Haley crocheted for me.  The poem she included with it made me seriously crack up.

Red: You rule!
Orange: Just like orange comes second in the rainbow, you come second in are family!
Yellow: You shine
Green: You love basil
Blue: Don't be a fool, you rule!
Purple: Your like lavender good dried (old) or fresh (young)
Haley

Ruby made me a bracelet and Cheyenne and Lucy made really cute cards. What a great Mother's day!

3 comments:

Bond Girl 007 said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Tasha said...

I love dogwood trees! They grew all over in Hershey, but its too cold for them here. Enjoy yours for both of us!

jenny said...

I am so impressed by Haley's skills. What a treasure!

 
Blog tracker