Monday, May 10, 2010

Ruby's 1st lesson





Ruby has always liked horses, but after a one hour lesson Ruby has become obsessed with horses. She googles "horses for sale in Oregon" and eventually found one nearby that she was really excited about because it was only $125. I looked at the site and explained that it was $125,000.00. I tried and tried to explain that a horse is not like a $6 rat that you pick up at the pet store.  I explained how you need a truck and trailer, tack for the horse and a barn. She said "Dad can totally build a barn... in like 2 days!"... While that may be true, I told her that we will still NEVER buy a horse.

This completely devastated Ruby. So to avoid any long term damage requiring therapy, I said if she saves up her own money for a horse we will help her with the barn.

I really hope this horse obsession passes quickly.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I also had horse fever when I was Rubys age! I even measured and zoned the garage so I could keep my future appaloosa nice and cozy! I made up a song and dance about how much I wanted a horse and would sing and dance it anytime I saw my parents..

I was obsessed! I got a little less-obsessed when I was about 13-14, boys were more interesting then! Which is another can of worms!

I still wish I had a horse, but I figure once I have my own house and property.

 
Blog tracker