Friday, September 24, 2010

Oscar

Driving up to our house at dusk I noticed the outline of an owl on one of the fence posts. I thought to myself... "Why did Eric stick a plastic owl there?" Then I realized... Eric never buys anything plastic,  so I slowed way down and drove right up to it.


It was real!!! Ruby and Lucy were in the car and I told them to check out the owl right outside the car window. Lucy said "that's not real". Just then it turned it head all around and looked right at us. Both girls went "OHHHHHH!!!". It turned back toward the house and I took a photo with my phone. Then I pulled out my real camera (so I could zoom and have a flash), but as I rolled down the window it flew right in front of our windshield and up to a tree. All three of us said "Whooooa".  Since then we have seen him on the same post a few times at the same time of night. We think he is our guard owl and comes to check on us every night, so we named him Oscar.  

No comments:

 
Blog tracker