Tuesday, September 14, 2010

You know you are old when...

You are walking through an "Antique mall" and find an item that you gave to Goodwill 2 weeks prior. I had been saving that little black and white cat bank since I was a kid. I figured that my girls would like it, but they never used it and it was starting to get beat up so I gave it away. Here it was on sale for $12 with the gashed in ear from when Ruby dropped it and all. 



While at this "antique mall" I found this groovy frame. Cheyenne has requested a yellow princess room, because Belle is her favorite princess. It has not been easy to create a yellow princess room for a teenager, but I knew this mirror was a must have. 



I painted it gold and wha-la! I will show a photo of the room when it's all done. I am having a hard time finding cool gold bedding to go with all the yellow stuff. If you see something that would work please email me!



Speaking of Cheyenne....

 She passed her written test and now has a driving permit and can drive with an adult! Whoot, woot!
Way to go Cheyenne!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

You have an eye for makeover pieces. The mirror is great!

Mandee Shaffer said...

Ooooh! I love the mirror. Have you thought of purchasing some gold and yellow sarees and making a bead spread out of it? I bought tons of old used sarees in India and want to make a quilt out of them.

Tasha said...

Chanel, I have always thought that everything you touch turns to gold, and now it has actually come true! You amaze me!

jenny said...

How exciting to have another driver around. I bet that will help tons!!

 
Blog tracker