Monday, July 22, 2013

A few days of crazy (nothing new)

My niece Larkin flew in Tuesday night to stay with us for 11 days. My girls kept asking me "Why does she want to come here? They are the ones with Lamas". So once she arrived I asked her what she wanted to do here and she said just hang out and learn something new. She added that her mom was hoping I would teach her how to quilt and teach her how we take care of all our farm animals. She has been here for 6 days now and unfortunately all we have done is swim, shop, and she got a makeovers at the mall with Ruby and my sister. We only have 5 days left so I need to step it up fast. 

Speaking of my Sister, Tiffany drove up on Thursday with her daughter Ali so she could play with Lucy. While she was was here the girls played while we looked at potential houses for my Mom to move here. We found some good options, but we had reservations about everything we looked at.  Then we went on a tour of this house. 


It was absolutely perfect for my mom. It had perfect spots for all her furniture and paintings. As we walked through it just kept getting better and better. Everything that she was looking for this house had and more. When we walked out of the house I said to Tiffany "So what do you think?". She said it was perfect and we needed to buy it for mom. I totally agreed that it was perfect and mom needed to live there but financially we had just paid off a chunk of our student loans and committed to an expensive buy in for Eric's work. My mind and heart were racing as I was trying to figure out how we could make this work. Tiffany called her husband and after a lot of discussion, they decided that they would buy the house as an investment and rent it to our mom.  

Its obvious to me that although she was not planning on driving up and buying a house, that's what exactly why she needed to come up here. We are so excited for our mom to move into this amazing house and become an oregonian!

No comments:

 
Blog tracker