Sunday, July 14, 2013

Annual Utah trip

We spent the 4th of July with my mom at the homestead. 

I was super excited to swim in the crater and realized as we were rushing to leave for our scheduled swim time... I had only packed the top half to my tankini. Eric assured me no one would notice, but I passed on swimming.


The water was like a hot tub. Everyone was happy except Eric who thought it was totally lame you could not jump in or free dive under the water. 


I think the highlight of this trip for Ruby was- she got an iPhone. She received a basic phone when she turned 12, but she wanted an iPhone. While we were walking around City Creek she saw that they were having a sale and she had enough money to buy her own iPhone.
 She was so excited she was shaking. 


 Our kids always ask tons of questions about when we were dating and they wanted to see where we got engaged. So while we were down in Provo we showed our kids where Eric proposed to me and reenacted how. They loved it, until we started kissing then they were totally grossed out. 


We got to visit with two of Eric's brothers (Alan and Greg) and their families. It's always fun to see Eric around his brothers. They are each very different but at the same time so similar it can be scary. Brick Oven and their apple beer is always a must for Eric, so of course we had to meet up there.


This was Ruby's 1st year at Retreat for girls and Haley's 4th year. Both girls we so excited to attend this camp. Haley has had great experiences in the past, so Ruby had high expectations. Ruby was worried about meeting her roommate but after she realized she was a nice girl, it was all good!

(Can you tell how much these girl love their photo happy mom?)

While the two older girls were at camp we played! Lucy, Keaton, Grandma Bonnie and Eric and I went all over Salt Lake. I know Lucy and Keaton's favorite place was the aquarium. They wanted to go back a second time, but we never made it back there.



My favorite part of our trip this year was touring Welfare Square. All of the church members in Medford give at least 12 hours of service during the pear harvest. All of the pears the church uses for humanitarian service come from here. When I looked at these cans I knew who picked them. I could see the 80 year old ladies with a basket around their neck reaching for pears in the trees. I could see all the youth climbing ladders to pick them and I had such great feelings about all the time I have spent in the pear farm. It really has a special spirit at the pear farm and I felt it as I looked at these cold metal cans. I hope the people that receive these cans can feel the love!


Talking about feeling the love... Ruby and Haley had a hard time being away from Keaton for the camp. This little guy is the most kissed, hugged and adored little dude I have ever seen.



On our drive home we stopped in Elko NV to spend the night. Eric and Lucy headed to the hotel pool to go swimming. Lucy decided to show her dad her back flip (which she does all the time at gymnastics and our local pool). Unfortunately, she did a beautiful backflip but did not jump out far enough and hit her two front teeth on the pool edge. They were loose and sore, but with some dental restoration they look great.


It has become tradition to stop at the sand dunes on the way home. This was a really hot sunny day so the sand was WAY hotter then normal. The girls really wanted to do it so they went as fast as they could. Luckily no serious injuries here.



No comments:

 
Blog tracker