Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Haley's surgery

Haley is not a fan of camping so she was less then thrilled when our church organized a huge Stake Youth Encampment. I was involved in creating the logo and posters so I had seen first hand how much work was going into this activity and I really wanted my girls to get to enjoy it.  The day before the activity Haley told me she didn't feel well, but she was acting fine so I was not worried. The day of the camp she begged me to let her stay home and I told her she was going no matter what so so save her breath. I was positive that she just didn't want to go camping and if she was really sick, Eric was going to be at the camp as a leader and the camp doctor. I knew she would be fine.

When the camp was over I drove two hours out in the middle of nowhere to pick up my girls and a few of their friends. When I first got there Haley was acting fine, but the drive home she was being totally dramatic acting like she was going to die. Because I had seen her walking around, smiling just a few minutes earlier I knew she was faking and trying to "get me back" for forcing her to go to the camp. I was not giving her any sympathy. When we got home she went upstairs and threw up.  

I FINALLY realized she was sick, but I thought she was dehydrated from the heat and hiking. She drank a ton of Gatorade and the next morning was feeling better so she went to her drivers training class. For  a couple of days she went to her class, but then came home and slept the rest of the day and night. Eric and one his friends Joe P. (also a doctor) examined Haley to see if it was her appendix, they both said they did not think it was. The next day I took her to our doctor to get blood work done. He did a full physical, and checked to see if it was her appendix. She was non responsive to all the tests so he said he did not think it was her appendix but wanted to get an ultrasound to be sure and see if it was ovarian cyst. They did the ultrasound and we walked across the hall to have her blood drawn. Right after her blood was drawn, my cell phone rang and it was Joe P. He had just read her ultrasound and said he was wrong (the day before) it was positive and she needed to have an appendectomy. So within a very short period of time she was checked into the hospital, scrubbed down and ready for surgery.





Lala FaceTimed Haley at the hospital so she could tell her good night. 


The Nearons sent this super cute flower arrangement of a puppy with a band aid. Haley had Tons of visitors come to the house to visit her bring her gifts and see how she was doing. The Bishop brought by some fudge(her favorite thing in the world) for Haley. I thought she was going to cry. It was probably a combination of how thoughtful he was and how happy she was to receive fudge.







No comments:

 
Blog tracker