Saturday, March 03, 2007

The BIG reward.

I never loose my keys. Really, I still have the same key chain that I got from Sundance 14 years ago. Last night I lost my keys. We only have one key to my car so this was obviously a problem. I searched the house all night and morning and in desperation told the kids that whoever found my keys would get a HUGE reward. About two hours later Haley found my keys. For her HUGE reward she choose going to the Library to get 20 books. When I was 8 years old I would have considered this a cruel and unusual punishment, but to her this was a HUGE reward. I seriously can't relate.

6 comments:

Jordan said...

I loved Nancy Drew as a child!! Great choice Haley! And great job finding the never-before-lost set of keys. Whew!

Jill said...

What a great reward! Seriously, she's going to remember this forever. I love it.

Anonymous said...

Haley's HUGE reward looks amazing (something I would have done as a kid, too!) but I think I got the HUGE reward today with your package!!!!!! Oh thank you, Chanel! What a great surprise and I lLOVE all of it! You made my day! I had to chuckle when I read about your weight gain sitting around with YOUR broken foot! I am going through exactly that right now. Insult to injury. Cannot WAIT to be active again! Just can't thank you enough for your thoughtfulness.

Liz said...

Are those Nancy Drew books? I loved reading those! I think it is so funny that this is what she chose to do as her reward. My kids would have picked candy or something like that. :)

jenny said...

Score on the reward for both. (Haley is tickled and it was free!) I would have thought it was pretty cruel if I were that age too.

michelle said...

How very fortunate that her huge reward didn't cost you anything!! I would have thought that was a reward when I was that age -- especially if they were Nancy Drew books!

 
Blog tracker