Thursday, March 22, 2007

Cool chick quilt



My Friend Suzanne found this free pattern on line over a year ago, she told me about it and I printed it out, but never made it. At a St. Patrick's day party my very talented friend Suzanne brought me some bright yellow fuzzy fabric to use for the chick. I was so excited about this, and the idea of using grass fabric, I couldn't sleep and started making it the next morning.



I let my girls design several of the eggs in the quilt. I ironed muslin onto freezer paper and gave them fabric markers and fabric crayons. They had so much fun and are very proud of their contributions to the quilt.



The patterns is for 11 eggs and one chick, but I did 24 eggs because I wanted it bigger. If you have ever paper pieced anything, this is a VERY easy pattern and goes together quickly.

10 comments:

jenny said...

I'm so glad you posted it. It really did turn out darling! I must say I am WAY impressed you cranked this out that fast.

melanie said...

You couldn't sleep and you did THIS? You are truly amazing! When I can't sleep I just usually blog or read. Nothing this creative and cute, thats for sure. I love it!

Liz said...

That is soooo cute! The little chic is so cute! You are amazing!

Anonymous said...

you are amazing---I'm speechless!

Anonymous said...

You are still making the cutest quilts ever! A fun way to let the girls in on it too. They are as good as their mama!

Amanda said...

Wow. I love the quilt. What a fun thing to have for spring. Your girls are lucky to have such a fun, creative mom!

Tasha said...

I'd love the pattern Chanel! I don't have anything Easter.

Love it! Great idea having the girls design the eggs.

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute quilt!

everything pink! said...

oh my! stop the cute madness. ok i will stay up tonight and do one.

just kidding, seriously i am kidding. my quilt in a night days are over.
i am trying to finish Sally Jane's birth quilt, she turns two next week so yes it has taken me two years!

the grass fabric is perfect!

Angie said...

I love it. I am so impressed you whipped this out so quick. Love the idea of your girls designing the eggs.

 
Blog tracker