Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Welcome to the jungle!

Every time I pick Lucy up from Preschool we walk through the jungle. There is a little path along the side of the school that has cement stepping stones. The plants are usually wet and sometimes she almost gets lost in them, but it is her favorite part of the day.



I have started parking at the end of the path (the opposite direction of where I pick her up) just so we can go through the jungle on the way to the car. I love how excited she gets every time.



Ruby went this same preschool 2 years ago. I used to park far away from the path and I would get really bugged when she wanted to go "get dirty". I tried to distract her so I would not have to wait for her to walk the whole path. I am so thankful that I have mellowed out with time and each child, I wish it would have happened sooner.

So now I just watch all the other Moms try to keep their kids out of the wet bushes while I go through the jungle with Lucy.

6 comments:

Jill said...

What a sweet story. That's so true about mellowing out with each kid. It makes me wonder how the older kids feel about things though, does Ruby know about this? Ha. (I do this with my kids and it's just not fair.)

Jordan said...

Chanel, I'm on my third and still feel like I need major mellowing. I want it and fight it at the same time. THis was a good little vignetter from your life for me to read today.

Anonymous said...

Some days are mellow and other days I feel like I don't have even a moment to spare for a quick stroll through the jungle. Sad thing is, is that I probably spend as much time fighting issues, whereas if I just chilled out she would have been through the jungle 3 times by the time we come to an agreement.
Lessons learned. Hopefully sooner than later. Your girls are lucky you are mellowed out while they are still young enough to enjoy the little things that get them so excited!

jenny said...

I needed a mellowing moment today. I am hoping my car trip will be that way tomorrow. Wish me luck. Thanks for the tip--I need you next door to me to rub that mellow juice on me!

p.s. cool jungle.

melanie said...

This is one reason I would welcome another baby in my house. How could I not be more mellow. We have already lived through all the crazy times, so why not relax. Thanks for the reminder, mellow is good (for most things anyway!)

everything pink! said...

the jungle reminds me of our uncut grass in new orleans.

 
Blog tracker