Thursday, March 27, 2008

Historic Home tour

Today we took a little field trip to Kimberly Crest. It is an amazing estate, almost castle like that has a ton of history. Tonight when the girls were telling their Dad about the house here is what all three girls thought the highlights were:

The main occupants of the home over several generations were three women. 
The front door is really the back door. 
They have fabric on the walls instead of wall paper.  
There is a bell under the dinning room table to call the servants to come. 
There are HUGE Koi fish, frogs and turtles on the ponds.  
Lucy also mentioned the large bowl of jelly beans.  

It was interesting to hear what they remembered and thought were the highlights.

I snapped this photo because I have noticed that my girls tend to line up in order of age subconsciously.  A few month ago a man at church commented to me that every sunday I walk in with my "3 little ducks" behind me.  He said that they are always lined up by age and asked me if I had them do that.   Are you kidding me? I am making sure no one is sneaking in worms or lady bugs and that everyone has underwear on, the least of my concerns is what order they are waling in .  But since his comment I have noticed they do this all the time. 

The girls loved the grounds with all the flowers and ponds. They kept striking poses and asking me to take their photo.  This photo below is so deceiving,  the house is really large. 


Tonight after dinner Haley said "Mom, thanks so much for taking us to Kimberly Crest, that was really cool".  I must say they enjoyed this historic home tour a lot more then I ever remember enjoying stuff like this when I was a kid. 

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

We took Walker to the Kimberly Crest grounds when we first arrived to Loma Linda but I never made it back to tour the home. The grounds were amazing and I can only imagine what the inside of the mansion looks like. Do you find yourselves trying to see more of the local sights now that Eric is close to finishing his fellowship?

Jill said...

It's both cute and interesting to me that the girls line up in age order all the time. Now we need a picture of them in line behind you.

That house looks amazing!

Amanda said...

That is a great photo of the girls! That house looks amazing..and it seems they remembered the important parts of the day!

Michelle Alley said...

What a fun place! I just looked it up to see if we were close to it - but alas, Montreal is nowhere close! Your comment how your girls line up in a row was really sweet - something fun to talk about with them! You have a fun blog!

Tasha said...

Kimberly Crest looks amazing! You mean you don't have a Von Trapp whistle that you blow to train them to line up? I would have told him that with a straight face to see his reaction. Haley is going to be tall tall tall like Eric, isn't she?

 
Blog tracker