Tuesday, March 18, 2008

St Patrick's Day

We had a great St. Patrick's day!Artwork by Ruby

I loaded the girls lunches with green food and dyed the water in their water bottles green (I can't believe I didn't take a picture).

Then for dinner we had green fettuchini, peas, salad, green jello and of course more green water.
After dinner I gave the Family Home Evening lesson using Alma 37:6.

I showed them how small the bottle of food coloring was that I had used to make EVERYTHING green by just using little drops. We talked about how a few kind words can completely change the environment of the home and how each of us...even though some are relativity small can have a huge influence on our family.

Then of course we headed to Mc Donald's for shamrock shakes!

6 comments:

Tasha said...

That is a GREAT idea for a FHE lesson and I will be totally stealing that next year!
Love being able to tap into your creative genius even though you don't live up the street anymore!

KC said...

I have to admit, I didn't even realize it was St. Patrick's until last night, late. It was a BAD day, so we just skipped it this year! You always do such fun holiday things. :)
I can't believe how grown up Lucy looks! Tell her she isn't allowed to do that. We're missing it. :(

Liz said...

I love your take on St. Pat's. The FHE lesson was great too!! I will have to try that one!

Amanda said...

Awesome green dinner! I love the FHE idea...I am going to make a mental note about that one. Well done.

Jill said...

Excellent St. Patrick's Day fixins at your house. I didn't do anything like that, just helped coordinate their green fashion statements. I wish I'd thought of the Shamrock shakes dang it!

Suzanne said...

It's always a surprise to see a change in the layout of the blog. Love the flower!

 
Blog tracker