Saturday, June 13, 2009

The light at the end of the tunnel


I am an optimist... most of the time. I have been so excited about moving and focused on all the great things about moving that it was all good... It's starting to really stink.


Recently I have found myself busting into tears (ugly snot dripping sobbing) when I think about all the friends I have met here, how much I love them and painful it is going to be to leave.  We also have ton's of family nearby, now our closest relatives will be 5 1/2 hours away! I have to seriously try not to think about it because it hurts.  

I still remember when we were leaving New Orleans to come here, I was crying hysterically for hours. Eric's Dad was driving me and the girls and I'm sure he was wondering if I was going to cry the entire 3 days of the trip.  Luckily it was only one day and he kindly endured my emotions and we eventually made it to California.  I know we will get through all of this... I just wish I could stop crying. 



5 comments:

Suzanne said...

I was in that same space two years ago. Leaving is hard. You can cry on my shoulder any time.

Jinky said...

Oh Chanel, this dog picture is now embedded in my head & I can't be serious right now ... it's sooo funny! Let me try ... well, you're such an amazing person that no wonder you have many friends wherever you are so think of it as gaining more friends because the friends you have here will still be your friends and even though distance may be far, no doubt if you need anything we're hopping on a plane & be there for you! Plus, the blessing of technology will help with seemingly being close through this blog, emails, text, etc. OK, now I'm crying you little stinker! I will miss you but don't worry Eric has directed you in the right places so this is just the next one. --Take care my dear friend. Truly love you lots!

KC said...

Oh Chanel, I remember this feeling well. I think I cried all the way from California to Hawaii, and then some. The hardest party is the people you leave; the friendships and familiarity. It takes me so long to make REAL friendships and connections and it's so hard to start over again from scratch. I have to honest, I'm still not there. But I know it will come with time. Hang in there.

When is your move date? I might be coming to Cali soon - like this month. I have to make final arrangements still.

Liz said...

That picture is hysterical!! Only you would find a picture like that! :)

I hope you make it through this moving trauma!! This will be the last move, right? You'll be close to the Swindles, right?

Big hugs for you, Chanel!

Chanel Palmer said...

Liz-
This is our last move... at least I hope so!

We will be in the same State as the Swindles. I think we are about 4 hours away but they are on the way to the rug hooking store so I may just show up on her doorstep!

 
Blog tracker