Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Going away party

Last Saturday some of our friends at church threw us a wonderful going away party. I have to admit I was hesitant to show up. I have been having such a problem with crying that I was afraid I would not be able to stop.  I am happy to report that I did not cry! Thank heavens!  I think I was finally cried out and ready to have fun with our friends.

 
We had a great time. The backyard was beautiful, the food was delicious and we were surrounded by people we love. 

Lucy with her good friends Riley (left) and Claire (right)

My friend Melissa (a.k.a. early morning biker chick) is famous for her toffee. She gave us a HUGE canister of her famous toffee 

So funny she put "Have fun storming the castle!" on the card.  The Princess Bride is one of our favorite movies and Eric says this to me all the time.

Me with the education week girls Jackie, Meissa and Stephanie (left to right).

Me, Lori, Melissa and Karyn

Ruby and Ellie had a really hard time saying good by.  I assured them that will be able to see and talk to each other on Skype. 

This is what happens to kids after their parents party too late.

Thank you so much Stephanie, Melissa, Laurie and Sharon (and Dan & John) for throwing us such a beautiful, fun party!!!!

Stephanie & Laurie (it was Laurie's beautiful back yard) 

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

I got all teary for you as I read and saw friends and others who I know through you. I remember the departure. It is hard however, this party is just a small testimony to how dear you and your family are to so many folks.

Jinky said...

I would have gone to the wrong house! I thought it was at Stephanie's!! --Glad you enjoyed your special treat. --Tell me about Skype?

Anonymous said...

i finally have my link back to you! Of course I call at the worst moment ever, but know my thoughts and prayers are with you all-especially Eric right now. I am sending a cyber hug to you all. I want to see you guys soooooo badly I can taste it. I will call you all when you get to washington. Good luck with the move and all. Love to you all.
Janine

Chanel Palmer said...

Jinky
Skype is a free on line service where you can see and talk to someone far away if you both have cameras on your computer. Oprah uses it a lot.

 
Blog tracker