Saturday, June 06, 2009

Celebrating Lucy's birthday in LA

We gave Lucy the option of having a big birthday party with all her friends or using the money we would have spent on a party to buy something that she really wanted. Luckily she choose to go to the American girl store and get a doll. I was thrilled with her decision... a party right now might have thrown me over the edge.



After the American Girl store we headed across the street to our favorite place to eat in LA, the little hole in the wall called Andres Italian.  I have ben eating there since I was a kid and I'm so glad that my kids love it too. Of course Eric and I get their spaghetti (a must) but my kids love love their pizza. 

We needed a really special treat since we were celebrating Lucy's birthday so Eric (via google) suggested Milk. You can check it out here.

It's a very trendy place and we are probably not swanky enough to eat there, but we did anyway.  It was AMAZING.

The most amazing handmade ice cream and hot fudge sauce ever!



We ate so much we were all sick... except for Haley that was trying to lick her bowl.


4 comments:

Suzanne said...

You have swank to spare, Lady!

Jen Hunt said...

No that is my type of "swank"...we must go there sometime!!!

Shawna B. said...

Happy, happy birthday, Lucy! Looks like you had the perfect day. I want to go to MILK, too! And I also would have licked the bowl!

Chanel, I LOVE your new digs in Oregon. When we went there last year, I fell in love with it. It's so green! And all the trees ... absolutely gorgeous. I think the Palmers are going to be very happy there. Just make sure you come to good old Utah and visit often. :)

Good luck with the move and everything. I HOPE that next time you get people who call to schedule a time to see your apartment that they actually show up!

Say HI to the fam for me. Love you guys!

Natasha said...

Oh I love it when my kids pick a fun activity like that instead of a party. I tried to talk my Luci into something similar for her 8th b'day this past February, but no such luck.

 
Blog tracker