Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Apple pie and spilled beans!


Our dear friend Linda made us a beautiful apple pie. We all know she is an awesome cook and her pie did not disappoint. Everyone pounded it and even asked for another slice the next day. Haley declaimed it the best apple pie she had ever eaten and the girls all agreed!  I agreed that it was the best pie ever, but told them there were no apples in it. Haley and Ruby were adamant that there were. I spilled the beans and told them that Linda had used zucchini instead of apples. They argued with me because they had seen the apples and could taste the apples. Eventually they realized I was telling the truth and they were disgusted and repulsed at what moments ago brought on ohhs and mmmmms.  I on the other hand knew it was zucchini the entire time and I still think it may be the best apple pie I have ever eaten... even if there were no apples in it.

Don't believe me... try THIS  recipe and see. I know that Linda used zucchini fresh from the garden, so make sure yours is fresh and has skin that is soft enough to pierce with your fingernail.

2 comments:

Greg said...

I guess they would not be disappointed to find out that the "blueberries" in Jiffy blueberry muffin mix are actually apples died purple. Purple zucchini may push them over the edge.

Suzanne said...

I have heard of chocolate zucchini cake but this is something else!

 
Blog tracker