Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Round one!

It's still winter outside, but inside our house it sounds like spring! 
 I picked up our first shipment of chicks today and I love the sound of them chirping. We got our Silkies, silver Wyandottes and black Australorps. 


I wonder if any of these girls realize they won the chicken lottery. If they only knew the palace of a coop they will be moving into soon.


Here are some stolen photos from the web to show you how beautiful these birds will be:

Silver laced Wyandotte (we got 5 of these)

White Silky (we got 2 white, 2 yellow and 2 black)

Black Australorpe (we got 3 of these. They are like egg machines!)

5 comments:

Liz said...

Wow! Those are some pretty chickens! Sounds like a fun adventure.

Sylvia H said...

Who the hell are you people. Is this the same Chanel from New Orleans. You really are a country girl now. I am just kidding because I have egg envy. Miss ya.

Suzanne said...

They are so cute!

Melissa said...

I LOVE the look of the cute little white silky. That's gonna be soooooo cute running around your yard!!!

Karyn said...

I want the white silky. I saw them at the fair 2 years ago and have wanted one or two ever since. Keith thinks I am nuts and just pats me on the head. I want to move so I can get one. I did not know they came in yellow. Good to know. I can have a whole flock with all the colors. Are they really as soft as they look? I tried really hard to touch one at the fair but they would not let me and I tried hard. My kids were bored with standing there so long.

 
Blog tracker