Saturday, March 26, 2011

It's goat time!


Several baby goats were born a couple of weeks ago so we decided to run out and look at all of them and put down a deposit on the ones we wanted (before they are all picked over). My Mom came with us and she really fell in love with a tri-color goat that looked like it was wearing brown boots. She wanted to buy it and keep it at our house... that goat was a boy so it was not an option. The girls each picked out their favorite (female) goat. The boy goats STINK and we don't want to worry about multiplying goats.

Although they can't be taken away from their moms until June, we will go out often to visit and help the girls & goats bond.

Ruby choose this chocolate/ white mix with blue eyes. She is still deciding on a name but right now she is thinking about Coco.



I shouldn't have a favorite... so I wont. But this little goat that Haley choose is adorable. She has a heart on her nose, and it looks like she tried to paint on eye brows. Haley is in love with her, but no idea what to name her yet.



Lucy choose hers from a photo online and never changed her mind when we got there. Lucy's goat is white with tan markings on her ears. She has blue eyes now, but they may change as she gets older.



The girls have been begging us to take them early and bottle feed them... With so many baby chicks in the house, garage and yard... we just can't agree to that right now. Plus I know after the first few feedings the novelty will wear off.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Cute baby goats. I think I'd like to visit them, but not own them. Good luck to you with all those animals!!

Anonymous said...

your life (with all these fun animal additions) is looking like mine! crazy but fun!!!

Tasha said...

What will you do with the goats? Use the milk? Make Goatsmilk soap? I had a co-worker in PA whose family made fancy-pants goatsmilk soap and sold it for a fortune!

Chanel Palmer said...

Tasha-
Technically they can be used as meat goats, but we have no intention of going down that road. They are really just pets that will help keep the grass down on the field.

I have decided I like pets that earn their keep. The chickens make breakfast and the goats will mow the lawn!

Greg said...

Chickens = breakfast
Goats = mowed field
__________ = new blog post

(So it has taken me a few days to fill in the blank on my blog as well. I think I may be up to date)

 
Blog tracker