Friday, March 25, 2011

Ruby & Grandma's New York trip

They visited lady liberty


FAO Schwarz


While at FAO Schwarz Grandma let Ruby adopt a baby boy! I got a very excited call from Ruby informing me that she wanted me to have a baby boy sooo bad she just adopted one. 


They had lunch at Rockefeller center and got to watch all the foreign tourists wipe out on the ice- ouch!


 They went to the top of empire state building.


 They went on a tour of the fashion district and designer showrooms. One of the jewelry makers let Ruby and Grandma go behind the scenes to see how they make their stuff.


Ruby said the first day she was really scared because it was sooo crowded. There were people and cars everywhere and nobody followed the rules. She told me about how the cabs drive and how often they honk. She commented about how many people smoked and how few people smiled. I thought to myself "Ya, that sounds like New York". When all was said and done she loved it and wants to go back someday.

Thank you Grandma!!!!

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Grandma Bonnie really knows how to show her grandchildren a great time, hitting so many of the highlights of the area.

Melissa said...

Wow! what a special trip for Ruby. Something that will stay with her forever - the memories that she & grandma shared are priceless!

Shonda said...

Your mom is amazing to have these special trips for each of the kids! I want to be that kind of grandma!

Liz said...

Sounds like she had a blast!

Mandee Shaffer said...

NYC is my FAVORITE place in the world! I don't feel at home anywhere as much as I do in the big apple. I've lived in Europe and Asia, and I just LOVE NYC (although this summer I'm worried about falling in love with London).
Also- I can't believe they were brave enough to go on top of the Empire State building in MARCH. I've been up there in JUNE and I was freezing! Hmmm. I've been on the ground in March and it was FREEZING. Brave girl.

 
Blog tracker