Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Busy hands

I love seeing other peoples projects so I thought I would share what I have been up to the last few weeks.

I made this Mini quilt as a thank you to Eric's Mom and Step Dad for watching our girls while we were gone and "keeping all the pieces together". I did three rows to represent my three girls.


I saw a pearl nest ring on Etsy.com that I really wanted, but it looked like it was easy to make... and it was. I love the fact that it has three eggs for my 3 chicks!


My Sister asked me to make a pillow for her from some fabric that she ordered. It is a raw silk with 3 dimensional embroidered dragonflies on it. Pillows are usually easy to make, but this fabric was so expensive I was seriously sweating when I cut it. Luckily it turned out well so hopefully she is happy with it.


I finally figured out what I am doing for my Civil War block exchange. We have each been given a specific block to make 20 of. I am doing the log cabin block and decided to keep it very traditional with brown to represent the "logs" and red to represent the brick "chimney". 19 more to go!



I have been working on a couple other projects too, but I can't post about them until I have given them away.

12 comments:

Rebekah said...

That ring is so beautiful! very impressive.

Anne said...

That ring is awesome. How did you figure out how to make it, did you find instructions somewhere? I would understand if you don't want to share your secret, but if you don't mind, could you forward the info along? I promise my feelings won't be hurt if you dont.

You are SO talented!!

Suzanne said...

You always impress me with the risks you take as you embark upon creative projects. I love the Civil War block and can't wait to see it in my quilt. They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery. Do you know how many of your ideas I have borrowed or plan to? The list is long!

Jordan said...

I am totally in love with that ring, and I have three birdies of my own. How did you do it? Could I get a play by play?

Chanel Palmer said...

Of course I will share how I made the ring! I'm glad that you liked it!

We drove up to my Sister's house today, but I will take photos of the back of the ring and post about how to make it when I get home next week.

If you want to get the supplies- I bought the sterling wire and pearls at Joanns.

jenny said...

Oh, man I am really feeling behind if you already have one of those blocks done!!

I would be sweating over that fabric as well. I will call you soon. :)

everything pink! said...

you are AMAZING! i love everything.
your magic with mini quilts are wonderful.
and the ring - it is awesome, awesome and awesome.
please share all that comes out of your wonderful creative mind.

Anonymous said...

I too love the ring! It's June and already you've gotten so much accomplished during summer. Impressive!

Jill said...

These are all great projects, you're so talented. I can't even imagine seeing a ring I like and then deciding to make it, what's up with that? Of course, I can't quilt either so what am I saying?

Anonymous said...

I'm just a lurker, but I wanted to share with you that you have inspired me. I started a beginning quilting class in January. I stumbled on your blog, saw your birthday quilt, and went crazy. I made one for my family, and have now become as my 14 year old daughter calls me, a "quilting nerd!" I have made 6 quilts total since Jan, and you really have been a great inspiration to me. Thanks for sharing your talents with us lurkers out there!

Amanda said...

Chanel, the mini quilt is so great and I love the symbolism with the "three rows" and keeping all the pieces together. I've been wanting to do a "doll quilt" as of late, I think I just need to start small. I can't believe how busy your hands must be and what you can create. It's very inspiring.

Shawna B. said...

Oh that ring! PLEASE show me how! Perfect with the three little "eggs" for my three ittle buddies! The quilts, the pillow .... Chanel, you are extraordinary! I have always loved how creative you are - a true artist.

 
Blog tracker