Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Nest ring


Here are some more photos of the nest ring. I tried to try to explain how I made it, but the explanation is probably more complicated then just looking at the photos and doing it your way.

First I explained how to make the "ring" part that fits your finger then the nest. Fyi- I never cut the wire, I just kept bending it until I was done.

I took a ring that fits me and went all over the house trying to find something that was the same size as my finger. I finally found a nail polish lid that was the perfect size for my ring to fit it (no making fun of me). I used the nail polish lid to wrap the wire around to make the actual ring. I wrapped the wire around the lid about 6 times and then pulled the wire wring off the lid and wrapped it one more tie weaving around the ring from inside to outside. I checked to make sure that it fit my finger and it did.

Now for the nest on top of the ring. I took the long end of the wire and strung the 3 pearls the way I wanted them to look. They were basically in a flat triangle floating slightly above the ring. then I just wrapped the wire around the pearls in a circle. After every 3 or so wraps I would weave the wire around the circle. If you look at the rings on Etsy.com (just search for nest ring) they are wrapped very tight. I kinda wanted mine looser, to look more like a nest then a wreath.

Then I wrapped the wire around ring to the left and right of the nest and then tucked the end of the wire into the nest and bent the tip with needle nose pliers to make sure it would stay put.


Typing this out I realized that I am horrible at explaining this kid of stuff, so I am sorry that it sounds so confusing. I don't want to put a link to something that someone is selling and then give directions for how to make it, but if you were to happen to see one of the nest rings on Etsy.com, their photos are way better then mine. If you were to look at those photos and then you happened to read my lengthy directions, you will know what to do.

No comments:

 
Blog tracker