Wednesday, September 19, 2007

1st impressions

I had a parent teacher conference with Haley's teacher. At the end of the meeting I said:

"Eric is excited to come tomorrow and give the bone and muscle presentation.",
The teacher looked at me and said "Is this a 2nd marriage?"
"Excuse me" I said
she asked me again if this was a second marriage.
I said "no... why?"
She said "You have a sparkle in your eye when you talk about him, you usually don't see that in 1st marriages"


The next day
I went with Eric to help set up his presentation for the class showing images of bones and muscles. Within minutes after we arrived the teacher was checking him out and said "Are you naturally this fit, or do you run". I actually saw Eric blush as he said "Well, I do some rowing". As soon as she left the room Eric said to me " Can you believe that? Would you ever consider asking someone that the second you meet them?

Clearly we have a teacher that makes interesting observations and conclusions with her 1st impressions. I'm wondering what she was thinking that she didn't say out loud.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Oh my goodness, how funny, she's checking him out. That's awesome that you have a sparkle in your eye when you talk about him!

Liz said...

How weird!! She sounds like an interesting person. But, I'd make sure to keep Eric with you at all times. :)

jenny said...

Hubba hubba ding ding. Go Enrique!

 
Blog tracker