Monday, September 24, 2007

Birdie

Our Home teacher brought his daughter and her love bird named Birdie.


He talked about how it is his daughters responsibility to take care of all of birdies needs and keep her safe, like not letting her fly outside where she would probably die. He compared this to how it's Eric and my responsibility to take care of our girls and how sometimes they don't understand why we have certain rules but it is for their own protection and happiness.


I don't think our girls have ever listened so well to a lesson. They loved it!

3 comments:

Liz said...

I LOVE that last picture of the girls and the bird. What a clever lesson! I love it when Home Teachers make an effort to do a meaningful object lesson for the kids.

jenny said...

What a great object lesson!

Jill said...

Wow, talk about a memorable visit from the home teachers! I wish ours would do something cool like that, it's snooze fest if they come.

 
Blog tracker