Monday, September 10, 2007

An amazing gift

Last year our quilt group did a block exchange using a daisy pattern. One of the girls that was in the exchange was living in Florida at the time, so after the exchange I mailed her 20 quilt blocks to her.

She never received them!

I had not insured the package so I had no way to track it. I decided to mail her my 20 daisy blocks because It as the right thing to do. I would have always felt guilty looking at my quilt knowing that she never receied her blocks.

Unbeknownst to me, some of my friends sent out an email to every one in the exchange and asked them to either make another one of their blocks for me or to mail them the fabric so they could make it.

They completely replaced all 20 of the quilt blocks for me. I know how much time and work this took and I am so thankful to have friends like this.

Now whenever I see this quilt I will think about my great friends and quilt group and feel loved.

Thank you!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one cute quilt!

Suzanne said...

Chanel, you reap what you sow. I was so happy to contribute a second daisy for you. You have always been so generous with your time and talent to help me cultivate mine. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Liz said...

I say, two amazing gifts! These are gorgeous! I bet it will turn out super cute!

Mrs. McDaniel said...

I so want to make that quilt~are the directions somewhere for me to see?

jenny said...

That is awesome!! And what a darling quilt...seeing it makes me sad I wasn't apart of it.

everything pink! said...

really those blocks are amazing. are they appliqued by hand?

do you ever wonder what shelf in some warehouse those other blocks are sitting?
what a wonderful memory that quilt will be for you.

Anonymous said...

this story reminds me of my sweet new orleans quilting friends that made me a beautiful quilt and got me a sewing machine. There sure is alot of love in these quilt groups! what a cute quilt!

Jill said...

What a great story and such cute quilt blocks. I wonder where your original package ended up?

 
Blog tracker