Monday, January 12, 2009

Inspiration

Sometimes I get sucked into the world of quilting blogs and other times I just go to flicker and search through all the quilt images, it's addicting. Whenever I see one that I like I drag the image to my desktop (I love my Mac). The left side of my scream was getting full of these photos, so I decided to post them. Here are a few quilts/ color combinations and patterns that inspire me.

I love the mix of colors and patterns in the fabrics used.
This is the same pattern I used for Lucy's quilt. I would have never thought about a black background with bright colors, but I absolutely LOVE it! I may have to make this for her when she's a little older.
Here are a few tree quilts that I like. The circles for the tree are cool, but the quilting pattern is what rocks the quilt.


I LOVE this concept, but have a vision of this as a baby blanket with great textured fabrics as the leaves. I can't wait to make it.

I love this tree quilt. I love funky, happy quilts. This type of quilt makes Eric's face contort, so it will never live at my house.These quilts below look complicated, but are super fast easy patterns. The use of color is brilliant to make the overall pattern look really complicated.



This is a quilt that someone has just started, but I love the pattern/ colors and fabrics. I studied this photo for like 20 min the 1st time I saw it. I have always known that fabric/color selection is what makes a quilt average or amazing, but I have only recently recognized that it is a gift that few people have, I do not. I am determined to get better, so I study photos like this.

This is an antique quilt that I found on Ebay. My favorite antique quilt shop was doing a 12 days to Christmas selling 12 quilts on Ebay ( seller ID fourthcornerfinds). The minimum bid was way over my budget so I will have to make it if I want to own it. I love the simplicity of it and I love the subtle stripe pattern in the solid pink background fabric.

I saw this quilt this summer at the church museum in SLC. It was stunning from across the room, but when I looked at the details up close... I felt completely unworthy to consider myself a quilter.


The pieces were so small, this photo can't even do it justice.
At the opposite end of the quilting spectrum and closer to my reality- I love the simplicity of this quilt. What a great way to show off wonderful fabrics that you love.


Don't you just want to start a new quilt now?

7 comments:

Tasha said...

Yes I do! For Christmas Dave had a project table made for me, part of it is counter height and part of it is desk height. Once I get my studio set up I will be ready to rock!

Natasha said...

These are all beautiful. . .my favorite is the one with the black background.

Suzanne said...

Thanks for sharing. I have found the internet to offer just the right injection of inspiration for my creative juices.

I am about to take a six quilt plunge for the boys' school. I am totally jazzed about the fabric I found and the process of the construction. Thanks for all of your help with my quilting over the years.

KC said...

No, I don't want to start one...I want to finish one! I have soooooo many unfinished quilts it's not even funny. I am working on my valentine quilt (yes, the one we did years ago) and I am going to have it finished to hang up.

The last picture is my favorite. It reminds me of quilts in my grandma's house.

jenny said...

I would if you were my neighbor. My machine continues to collect dust...

I am loving that Christmas tree circle one!

Amber said...

I am inspired. I am working on the heart quilt with some of the gals from the quilting group and I am having so much fun. I just have to work on putting it together before next Valentines Day. I loved the mix of colors in the fabric. We have similar taste! My favorite was the tree with the birds nest. Mason's (my 10 month old) bedding is trees and birds and than would look awesome in his room.

Amanda said...

I am so inspired...but need a break from quilting right now. I love the idea of a black background.

I might have to steal some of these from your blog to be inspired by. Great finds.

 
Blog tracker