Saturday, January 17, 2009

My American Girls

My girls had a HUGE surprise today. We drove out to LA to go to the American Girl store and restaurant with some friends we met in New Orleans.

It was quite the sight to see soo many excited little girls and their Moms in that store waiting for the lunch tea party to start.


If you don't have an American Girl doll, they have loners so you don't have to dine dollless.
These are the special seats you use so your doll can sit right next to you.

So who were our friends from NO... Ms. Dori and Melaina!!!! It was so good to see them.
We had gorgeous weather and ate outside on the balcony. All the girls and Moms had a great time.

Expecially Haley who had her BEST friend Melaina at her side. The napkin rings are hair bows that you keep- so cute.

Little Lulu and her doll (that she refers to as the FAKE American Girl doll).

Toothless Ruby and her daughter (as she calls her).  Ruby was adamant that her daughter needed to wear a specific dress.  The problem was that dress was for a real baby and HUGE on the doll, so we had to do some last minute sewing alterations and add a ribbon belt. 


I know they are going to be talking about this trip for a long long time.

8 comments:

Liz said...

Fun! My MIL and I took my girls almost a year ago to the one in NYC. It is definitely fun times!

Shonda said...

Fun! That's just what I want to do for McKenna's b-day. I don't suppose you would wanna go again in Feb.?? :)

KC said...

So you're the coolest mom in the world. you make us all look bad. HOW FUN!!! I hope my girls like dolls someday. I'm still waiting...

Tasha said...

You and your three girls are beautiful! How fun to dine with Dori and Melaina! I can't believe how big those girls are, they were barely a year old when we met you guys!

Amanda said...

That place is magical isn't it? I love it [except that it's so dang expensive].

What a wonderful day!

jenny said...

What no photo of you and Dori?? Very disappointed....

What a fun outing for the girls!

Shawna B. said...

What a treat! Dori told me how fun this was, and seeing the pictures just proves how totally amazing this must have been for al the girls - and their moms! You and your girls are beautiful! Glad you had fun.

Natasha said...

How fun! I have always wanted to do this with my Luci.

 
Blog tracker