Friday, January 09, 2009

Snow boarding



The entire time we were driving up the mountain Lucy was saying that all she wanted to do all day was eat snow. With Eric's help locating "clean enough" snow she ate all that we would let her... and whatever she could get when we weren't looking.



Haley coming down with Dad.







At the end of the day Haley was convinced that she was born to snowboard and wants a snowboarding birthday party (her birthday is in July), and she wants to live on the mountain.


Lucy was still eating snow and wondering why it took me so much longer to get down the run then her. Her favorite part of the day was riding on the flying chairs.

Ruby loved snowboarding and was really good at it. She was excited to see so many "fashion girls" with cute snowboarding outfits and boards.

Eric picked up boarding quickly and really enjoyed the day. He had a perma smile from watching his kids cruise down the mountain having a blast.

I had a great time, and can see why snowboarding has taken over skiing. I still need to clock in a few more hours to be as good as my kids. Ultimately was thankful that none of my wipe outs had done permanent damage and I was still able to walk to the car without assistance. I am however sitting on a very large pillow as I type this.

3 comments:

Tasha said...

I remember going to Big Bear growing up, it looks like you had beautiful weather to go along with it! Glad you had fun!

Shonda said...

Very cool!

Natalie said...

Now that sounds like fun! I'm glad all of you were able to go as a family.

 
Blog tracker