Saturday, April 26, 2008

weekend project


Ruby's teacher asked all the kids in her class to bring a clean white t-shirt to school for the Zoo field trip.  The day I worked in her class I helped all the kids put tons of rubber bands on their shirts to prepare them for tie dying.  She dyed all their shirts olive green then they had big white circles all over them. On the day of the field trip I realized that every 1st grade glass had done the same thing but each class had been assigned a different color.  I thought this was a brilliant idea and would be great for family reunions, girls camp etc.  

So when I was in Target I picked up white t-shits and shorts for each of my girls and decided to try tie dying with my kids.


It was so easy and fun. They all had a blast and LOVE their new outfits!


Mom- Haley reminded me once again that "Grandma didn't like tie dying in the 60's and she still doesn't like it!"

2 comments:

Tasha said...

We wore tie-dye at the finish line of my dad's cross country bike ride. It was fun, and we stood out, that was for sure. Evie was only 2, but she thought it was amazing how it worked!

I did them in the washing machine so I could just drwin it afterward an d didn't have to dump anything afterward, (how lazy fo I sound?)

Suzanne said...

You always do the greatest things with your kids. I bet Walker and Mason would love this process too.

 
Blog tracker