Monday, April 28, 2008

Surviving softball

Lucy waiting for Haley's practice to end

Lucy has really been a trooper with her two big sisters playing softball this season. She has to endure 4 practices and 2-3 games a week. That translates to aprox 10 hours a week of trying to stay entertained at the ball field.

Sometimes she gives kids rides in our wagon. Sometimes she brings baby dolls and her stroller. Sometimes we bring one of our dogs and she walks it around the park. Although there have been a few melt downs she has been great about keeping busy and staying out of trouble.

Last Saturday at her game Haley was playing in the outfield. Shortly after the game started Haley was playing with the grass and reaching into the air like she was on a hallucinogenic. When she came back to the dug out I went over to see if she was OK, she said " Ya, but where's Ruby and Lucy?" I pointed to where they were sitting and she ran over and handed Lucy a lady bug. Haley told the girls that they were all over the grass and she was trying to catch some for them to play with. Ruby and Lucy were thrilled and immediately named the bug Ali and asked her to get more. I told Haley that I really appreciated her thoughtfulness but she had to stop looking for lady bugs and get her head in the game.

Haley's team lost by 2 points but she didn't care, she just kept talking about all the lady bugs on the field.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

I want to hug that lady from softball who lent you the modem. I have missed seeing the world through your eyes and camera. I love the ladybug on her nose.

Tasha said...

That is hilarious! I love the bug on the nose! Evie would die before she let a bug be on her nose. She is such a girl:)

Amanda said...

Lucy laying on the dashboard is priceless. I don't know that I could handle all that time spent in the field! Kudos to you and Lucy!

Amanda said...

Also...glad it was lady bugs that Haley was reaching for!

 
Blog tracker