Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ms. Snail


I have been called many things in my life. Channel, Cha-Tiff, Gringa, some I won't repeat.... but I never, ever, ever thought I would be known as Ms. Snail.  I can't stand snails.


Every Thursday when I walk into Lucy's class to read with the kids they get all excited and in unison yell out "Hi Ms. Snail".  The kids seriously think this is my name, and Lucy thinks it's hilarious.

You may ask why (or you may not really care).  About 12 years ago I was the teacher for the Nursery kids (18 Mo- 3 year olds) at our church.  They would try to say Ms. Chanel but it always sounded like Ms. Snail.  I mentioned this to my kids when we were discussing how it's hard to pronounce some sounds when you are young. Lucy loves calling me Ms. Snail, and loves telling everyone that is my name. 

Lucky me!

No comments:

 
Blog tracker