Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring break report

Driving up North through the central valley was amazing! We passed huge fields of purple flowers, fields of yellow blooming flowers and several orchards of trees still in bloom.  The sky was clear and brilliant blue with huge white fluffy clouds (something that no longer exists in so. California).  


When we got to my Sister's area they had trees in bloom all over the place. I don't know what kind of trees they are but there were trees with white flowers and trees with pink flowers lining the streets and all over the park. Just beautiful.  When I mentioned to my Sister how beautiful it was she said "Ya it's allergy season". I guess after you have lived around around there for so long it starts to loose its magic. 

The cousins got to spend lots of quality time together. 

Quality time= Watching movies in Ali's bed, playing dress up....

Playing American Idol in the garage with a DJ Jacob blasting music and using a large flashlight as the spotlight in the dark...


Jumping on the trampoline...

Eating lots of it's-its (I love these things and you can only buy them in the bay area)...

Lots of playing at the park that has super cool play equipment...



The line between dress up clothes and regular daytime clothes was lost at some point in the trip.  I did not even realize they were still in dress up clothes until I noticed people staring and smiling.

I was amazed and Ali and Lucy's keen understanding of themselves, they both choose the ice cream flavor that represented them the best... Wild and Reckless!

Haley and Weston played lots of video games and basket ball. 

 Unfortunately near the end of the trip Haley got a migraine. It knocked her out for one day and then she had a hang over the following day.  She has not had a migraine in over 4 years but this was bad. 

I would have to say the worst part of the trip was Haley throwing up all over the wood floors in the hallway and it literally splashing up the walls and everywhere... EVERYWHERE.  I cleaned up all the rags from the throw up in the side yard (away from where the kids play) with the hose and dumped the dirty water in a bush.  The next day their dog came in wet and smelled like day old throw up, ohhh so sick.  I gave her a bath and picked out all the upchucked pieces of cheese from the In-n-out Haley had eaten. I can't imagine it getting any sicker then that.
 *Note to self-  throw up remains should be disposed of in the front yard.

Ryan the only teenager in the house... just tolerating all the kids and looking good!


I ran to a couple of thrift stores in the area to look for wool and found this super cute desk for Ruby for $15.  It needs to be sanded and painted but she is so excited to have a desk she wants it as is for now.  

The thrift stores had a great selection of wool. I guess more people wear wool up there because it is so much colder. Down where we live it's just to hot for wool so it's really hard to find in our thrift stores. Check out some of the cool wools I found, the photo really does not do them justice. So exciting!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

The upchucking story couldn't get grosser, you are right. I am so sorry you had to do all the clean up. Poor Haley. I never knew she had headaches. Brig has complained of a couple, with buzzing noises. I just never thought kids got headaches, but obviously I'm wrong. I hope she feels better!

jenny said...

Poor poor Haley. And poor you having to clean it up. Ick. Glad you had a fun time. I can't believe how alike your kids look!

Dian Maya Kirana said...

blogwalking, and stop by.
found this blog, and commenting :)

Liz said...

Oh poor Haley! That is not fun to be sick with a migraine. I hope she doesn't get another one for 4 more years, if at all!

 
Blog tracker